Problems are a normal part of adult life. Sometimes, however, no matter how hard we try, nothing we do seems to resolve them. When this happens we can help you.
Some of the symptoms you may be experiencing that indicate it’s time for help include:
- Feeling a problem as ‘inside’ us, a deep and grinding despair
- Struggling to get out of bed, go to work and socialise
- Feeling a sense of fear and restlessness, muscle tension and exhaustion that causes irritability
- Difficulty concentrating
- Trouble falling asleep or suddenly waking alert and tense, unable to return to rest.
- Drugs, alcohol or sex have become a place to seek comfort which erodes health, well-being and relationships
Alternately the problem may present between ourselves and other important people: a child, partner, friend or work mate. The relationship may be marked by:
- Escalating conflict
- Risk of harm
- Cold disdain leaving uncertainty and fear for the future
Such ‘outside’ problems can spread throughout your world affecting those you love and work with.
How we can help
Our inability to find an effective solution to a difficulty is often the biggest challenge. We all have unique ways of addressing challenges and when these fail, this may be part of the cycle that maintains it.
At Bower Place, in understanding adult problems we take into account all aspects of the situation over time and across all facets of a person’s world.
Our practitioners work with adults at every life stage from the youngest to the oldest. We thoroughly explore and devise approaches to alter the way we think, feel and act.
Including others to understand their perspective and help them discover better ways to support change for a family member or in their relationship is a central part of the approach we take at Bower Place.
Find out more about how we can help with: