Psychologist – Clinical, General, Health or Counselling
Established in 1986 by Malcolm Robinson and Catherine Sanders, Bower Place is located on Gawler Place, at the heart of the Adelaide CBD, adjacent to Rundle Mall.
Our unique approach supports individuals, couples, children, adolescents, and families through:
- Family therapy
- Mental health counselling
- Dispute resolution
- Mediation for a wide range of relationship, emotional, mental health and behavioural difficulties.
Our approach works as we look at the whole person – both inside and outside.
We share our extensive knowledge and experience with the profession by offering:
- Education and training opportunities in family therapy and systemic practice
- Advice to corporates and organisations regarding conflict and dispute resolution
- Knowledge development for practitioners in the field, students and for families and individuals.
Our renowned training programs have supported more than 5,000 practitioners seeking post graduate education and professional development in counselling and family and systemic practice. We also offer entry-level education courses through our partnership with TAFE SA.
We’re committed to sharing our knowledge, research and expertise through our online knowledge portal. This provides accessible professional development for our students, consulting clients and individuals along with our wider profession.
This is an opportunity to join the dedicated, diverse, and growing Bower Place team as one of our practitioners. We are seeking a Clinical or General, Health or Counselling Psychologist that will be engaged and excited to work according to our Bower Place systemic method and protocols. The person must:
- Be AHPRA Registered, maintain yearly registration, and provide services under Medicare
- Hold current DHS Child Related, Disability and Vulnerable persons clearances
- Hold a current drivers license and have access to own vehicle if off site visits are required
- Be flexible in nature and thinking
- Work efficiently to clinical and administration timelines and key performance indicators
- Enjoy being part of a strong and diverse team culture
- Have healthy industry networks that translate into referrals
The role entails and/or requires:
- Responsibility for a varied and sometimes complex case load
- Excellent therapeutic skills with enthusiasm for assisting people.
- Ability to exercise clinical judgment
- Be open and have a responsive attitude towards feedback and change
- Ability to think and work systemically by embracing Bower Place protocols and methodology
- Confidence to assist in the training of students both inside and outside of the therapeutic context
- Availability in working outside of normal business hours for potential early evening or weekend therapeutic consultations.
Bower Place offer within a total remuneration package:
- Extensive supervision and professional development opportunities
- Exceptional foundation training in the Bower Place Method and protocols.
- Further Australian Association of Family Therapy (AAFT) accredited training in Family therapy and systemic practice .
This is a clinically varied role that will challenge you personally and professionally and allow you to increase your skills and expertise working with highly experienced and professional practitioners.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage people of all genders, races, and ages to apply.
If you meet the criteria and feel this is the opportunity for you, please apply via Seek or send your application including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please contact Bower Place (08) 82216066 or firstname.lastname@example.org if further information is required.
Job Type: Part time or Full time
There is possibility for a 2021 commencement in the role.
Total remuneration package includes a base salary and statutory superannuation contribution and will be benched and negotiated on experience, supervision and training required.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a psychologist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?