COVID 19 – Safety Policy
|Policy||COVID 19 – Safety Policy|
|Authorisation||General Manager / Directors|
|Policy Endorsement Date||May 11th 2020|
|Policy Review Date||Weekly|
Bower Place Pty Ltd as an organisation regularly revise our COVID-19 safety policy according to the latest information available through the SA Health website recommendations, Federal and State Government media announcements and recommendations and by seeking direct medical advice.
Bower Place regularly reviews risk in order to minimize any foreseeable harm to employees, client’s, and training participants.
Bower Place continually implements legislative and strict regulations in relation to workplace practices including face to face and online work environments.
Bower Place Hierarchy of Appropriate Controls
- Employees have appropriate technology to work from home when possible
- Employees are supported to work from home when possible – online or phone consultations offered when available/appropriate
- Social distancing is supported trying to ensure 4 and the minimum 2 square metres per person and 1.5 metres between people whenever possible
- Promoting good hand hygiene – hand washing facilities and use of alcohol hand sanitizer
- Undertaking frequent cleaning and disinfection of workspaces, particularly objects that are frequently touched
- Holding meetings via online conferencing as much as possible
- Modify employee face to face work time by offering online/phone consultations when able/appropriate to reduce staff and client interactions
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Employees all trained on hand and respiratory hygiene and social distancing – signage in bathrooms and office space to include client awareness
- Employees all aware of early signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and the need to stay at home if unwell
- Clients informed to not book or to cancel a face to face appointment if unwell
- Clients asked to advise if they have just returned from interstate( Vic/NSW particularly), are in contact with someone who has returned from interstate ( Vic/NSW particularly),or have any cold/flu like symptoms
- Employees supported in adhering to official advice about how to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to are advised seek testing if they become unwell
Vulnerable Employees, Clients and Training Participants
Vulnerable employees, clients and training participants may be at an increased risk of a serious infection and therefore will be supported to work from home or booked for online or phone consultations when possible.
People who are likely to be at higher risk of serious illness if they are infected with the virus include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- People 65 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- People 70 years and older
- People with compromised immune systems
(Limited evidence is available to assess the risk in pregnant women)
Client Booking Process
Clients are offered to book an online or phone consultation while funding for telehealth services is available.
A risk assessment is to be completed when booking any clients for a face to face consultation and the administration process is to include the following list of questions.
- Have you come into close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID?
- Have you travelled interstate or had contact with someone who has travelled interstate in the past 14 days?
- Have you visited a known hot spot or been in contact with anyone who has?
- Do you have any of the following: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat?
- Bower Place test all staff and client’s temperatures (using a laser thermometer so no contact is required) upon arrival and will ask anyone who has a temperature over 37.5 to return home. Do you give permission for this temperature test and understand that an alternative online or phone consultation will need to be scheduled if this applies?
Safety Promotion Measures
- COVID-19 Safety Policy included on COVID section of the Bower Place website
- COVID-19 Safety Policy updates included in weekly team meetings
- COVID-19 information scheduled as part of regular staff professional development sessions
- COVID-19 Safety Policy promoted to TAFE SA
- TAFE SA Manager / Bower Place Coordinator is invited to Bower Place Professional Development sessions
- Safety measures discussed verbally by Bower Place staff at time of bookings with clients
- Safety details and reference to website detailed in booking confirmation text messages
- Signage visible on Level 1 and 2 doors
- Signage visible in Level 1 and 2 bathrooms
Text Reminder Message
- Please confirm your appt with (Practitioner) (date) at (time) by SMS. Bower Place regularly review risk in order to minimize any foreseeable harm to employees, client’s, and students due to COVID-19. A safety policy and procedures detailed on our website are in place that require strict adherence. Non-attendance or cancellation under 24hrs notice will incur a fee. Regards, Bower Place
- Bower Place Pty Ltd as an organisation regularly revise our COVID-19 safety policy according to the latest information available through the SA Health website recommendations, Federal and State Government media announcements and recommendations and by seeking direct medical advice.
- It is mandatory that all employees, clients and training participants adhere to the safety policy (bowerplace.com.au) and procedures at all times.
- In order to protect the safety of both clients and practitioners at Bower Place we will be taking people’s temperature on their arrival.
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have travelled interstate or had contact with someone who has travelled interstate in the past 14 days?
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have visited a known hot spot or been in contact with anyone who has?
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms: cough, runny/stuffy nose, fever, sore throat, diarrhea, or vomiting.
The Bower Place COVID-19 Safety Policy is to be reviewed weekly and any changes communicated to staff.