COVID 19 – Safety Policy
|Policy||COVID 19 – Safety Policy|
|Authorisation||General Manager / Directors|
|Policy Endorsement Date||May 11th 2020|
|Policy Review Date||Weekly|
Bower Place Pty Ltd as an organisation regularly revise our COVID-19 safety policy according to the latest information available through the SA Health website recommendations, Federal and State Government media announcements and recommendations and by seeking direct medical advice.
Bower Place regular review risk in order to minimize any foreseeable harm to employees, clients, and students.
Bower Place continually implements legislative and strict regulations in relation to workplace practices including face to face and online work environments.
Bower Place Hierarchy of Appropriate Controls
- Employees have appropriate technology to work from home when required
- Employees are supported to work from home when required – and/or provide online or phone consultations offered when available/appropriate
- Social distancing is encouraged and supported
- Promoting good hand hygiene – hand washing facilities and use of alcohol hand sanitizer
- Undertaking frequent cleaning and disinfection of workspaces, particularly objects that are frequently touched
- Holding meetings via online conferencing as much as possible
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Employees all trained on hand and respiratory hygiene and social distancing – signage in bathrooms and office space to include client awareness
- Face masks are provided if own are not supplied – and are to be worn according to SA Health directives
- Employees all aware of early signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and the need to stay at home if unwell
- Clients are informed to not book or to cancel a face-to-face appointment if unwell
- Students are informed not to attend if unwell
- Client questioning re symptoms, contacts, hot spots.
- Employees supported in adhering to official advice about how to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to are advised seek testing if they become unwell
- As of 29 November 2021, all Bower Place staff are fully vaccinated
- Only vaccinated clients (12+) are to attend Bower Place and are required to present evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination on arrival
- Only vaccinated students are to attend training on Bower Place premises
- Clients are encouraged to arrive only 2 minutes prior to session time, to move directly to consultation rooms, reducing traffic in waiting area
- All surfaces are wiped over after each session and/or in the training space
- Windows to be open when possible and air purifiers used in rooms
COVID-19 Safe Plan
• Bower Place have completed and submitted a COVID-19 Safe Plan https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/business-and-events/create-a-covid-safe-plan
• Everybody attending Bower Place premises (level 1 & 2) are to QR code or manually check in. https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/covid-safe-check-in
Health Care setting vaccinations
- Bower Place is a phase 3 health care setting – https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations/healthcare-setting-workers-vaccination
- All Bower Place employees will be double vaccinated as of the 29th of November 2021
As of 23rd November 2021 – Test, trace, isolate and quarantine
From 23 November 2021 a new Test, Trace, Isolate and Quarantine (TTIQ) model is being introduced in South Australia.
Under the new TTIQ model, anyone identified as a low-risk casual contact, casual contact, or a close contact of someone who is COVID-19 positive will be contacted by SA Health and provided with advice on what is required with regards to quarantining and getting tested.
The updated testing and quarantine requirements also redefine who is classified as a close and casual contact, with fully vaccinated casual contacts needing to isolate until they receive their first negative test result.
Whether you are a casual or close contact depends on:
- the amount of time you were exposed
- how close you were to the case
- whether you and the case were wearing a mask, and
- the setting or location of the exposure.
If quarantine is required – a vaccinated person is required to quarantine for seven days, and an unvaccinated person will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
As of 23rd November 2021, Bower Place will follow the testing and quarantine requirements for known COVID -19 cases
Vulnerable Employees, Clients and Students
Vulnerable employees, clients and students may be at an increased risk of a serious infection and therefore will be supported to work from home or booked for online or phone consultations when possible.
People who are likely to be at higher risk of serious illness if they are infected with the virus include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- People 65 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- People 70 years and older
- People with compromised immune systems
- (Limited evidence is available to assess the risk in pregnant women)
Client Booking Process
Other than children under 12 – only double vaccinated clients are able to attend face to face appointments.
Clients are able to book an online or phone consultation if unvaccinated (12+) or unwell, while funding for telehealth services is available.
A risk assessment is to be completed when booking any clients for a face-to-face consultation and the administration process is to include the following list of questions.
- Are you vaccinated (12+) and able to bring your vaccination certificate to your appointment?
- Are you a low-risk casual contact, casual contact, or a close contact of someone who is COVID-19 positive?
- Do you have any of the following: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat?
They will be informed:
1. Evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination will be required upon arrival
2. Alternatively – an online of phone consultation may be booked
Safety Promotion Measures
- COVID-19 Safety Policy included on COVID section of the Bower Place website
- COVID-19 Safety Policy updates included in team meetings
- COVID-19 Safety Policy promoted to TAFE SA
- Safety measures and requirements discussed verbally by Bower Place staff at time of client bookings
- Safety details in booking confirmation text messages
- Clients encouraged to arrive only 2 minutes prior to consultation time
- Signage visible on Level 1 and 2 doors
- Signage visible in Level 1 and 2 bathrooms
Text Reminder Message (policy as of 23rd November 2021)
Please confirm your appt with (Practitioner) (date) at (time) by SMS. Other than children under 12 only vaccinated clients are able to attend face to face appointments, please bring your digital or hard copy certificate. Please confirm if children will be in attendance for your appointment. Please only arrive 2 minutes prior to your appointment time. Alternatively online and phone consultations are available. Non-attendance or cancellation under 24hrs notice will incur a fee. Regards, Bower Place
Message during a lockdown – level 5 restrictions
Dear client, with level 5 restrictions currently in place, Bower Place are pleased to be able to continue services via telehealth. Please reply to confirm your online appt with <<P_CONSNAME>> <<A_DAY>> at <<A_START>> by SMS a link will be sent. Non-attendance or cancellation under 24hrs notice will incur a fee. Regards, Bower Place
Door Signage (policy as of 23rd of November 2021)
- Bower Place Pty Ltd as an organisation regularly revise our COVID-19 safety policy according to the latest information available through the SA Health website recommendations, Federal and State Government media announcements and recommendations and by seeking direct medical advice.
- It is mandatory that all employees, clients, and students adhere to the safety policy (www.bowerplace.com.au) and procedures at all times.
- Other than children under 12 – only people who are vaccinated are to attend Bower Place in any capacity – staff, clients, and students.
- Please show your vaccination certificate upon entry.
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have been identified as a low-risk casual contact, casual contact, or a close contact of someone who is COVID-19 positive.
- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms: cough, runny/stuffy nose, fever, sore throat, diarrhea, or vomiting.
Clients are advised:
Online or phone consultation will need to be scheduled if clients are unvaccinated (12+)
Are required to provide evidence of vaccination to their course facilitator.
Only vaccinated students are to attend face to face sessions at Bower Place. Students that are unvaccinated are supported to access all course content in an online format and are able to attend training online.
The Bower Place COVID-19 Safety Policy is to be reviewed following in SA health announcements and any changes communicated to staff.