Practical experiential learning for workers supported by 10 tailored digital learning sessions.
A professional development series for workers covering fundamental theory and practical application tools aligning with employability skills and organisational capabilities and outcomes.
The Fundamentals Training Certificate offers participants the opportunity to be involved in:
- practice-based learning including workplace experience
- direct support from others skilled within the field
- continual reflective practice and development
- working alongside practitioners in the Bower Place Complex Needs Clinic.
Ongoing practical learning and experience offers participants the opportunity to apply the required knowledge and skills in a working environment.
On completion of this course, students should have an understanding of:
- Legal & Ethical Requirements
- Workplace practices & protocols and note taking
- Social Support Skills
- Management of inequality, disability & mental health
- Communication & counselling skills, including reflective practice
- Insight into presenting behaviours, symptoms, and problems
Topics of the Fundamentals Training Certificate include:
- professional responsibilities and safety – including working legally and ethically, minimising risk, protocols, workplace health and safety
- diversity, inclusivity and personal perception – including working with diverse people and the promotion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- working collaboratively with the care network and other services – inclusive of own organisation
- working with people with a disability, mental health diagnosis and challenges and autism spectrum disorder – including knowledge and skill development
How long is the course?
The course includes practical experiential learning (minimum 5 sessions) supported by 10 tailored digital learning sessions.
The course includes:
- lecture presentations and demonstrations
- individual and group activities
- self-directed print-based and digital learning material
- work experience combining training in the Bower Place Complex Needs Clinic and where applicable the participant’s workplace.
- Fundamentals Training Certificate 1
Resources and knowledge check quiz
- Fundamentals Training Certificate 2
Resources, knowledge check quiz and completion of assessments (for accredited training pathway opportunity)
Who can apply?
Applicants are required to be working in the field or have a Certificate III level qualification.
When does the course begin?
Commencement is negotiated by the workplace or alternatively speak to us about individual commencement options.
What is the cost of the course?
Non accredited Fundamentals certificate (I) $655 per person.
Accredited Fundamentals Certificate (2) $935 per person
Enquire about this course
Download education and training brochure (PDF)
Trading as Enable College, RTO 4849